TOBIANO RESORT OVERVIEW
Tobiano is a master planned resort development on 1000 acres of rolling ranchland located in the Thompson Nicola region above the shores of Kamloops Lake.
The development originally opened it's doors to the public in the fall of 2006 and has been growing ever since. Located amongst the 1000 acre development is the 18 hole, multi-award winning, Tobiano Golf Course. This Thomas McBrook designed course is a one of a kind, visually stunning and challenging public course that took the golf industry by storm and continues to lead the way with numerous industry awards every year. The Black Iron Club & Grill at Tobiano is one of the premiere Kamloops restaurants, boasting spectacular views of Tobiano’s award-winning links, Kamloops Lake and distant hills. Warm and elegant, with strong wood and stone accents, The Black Iron Club & Grill setting offers a mix of timeless and modern, where the bustle of life can slow down and one can soak in a scene unparalleled in Canadian golf.
Perched high near the intersection of the 1st and 10th holes and nearby range, the clubhouse has remarkable, picturesque views of Kamloops Lake, as well as the golf course. The clubhouse was conceived by firm a/k/a architecture + design and uses a heavy masonry wall integrated with the landscape that emerges from the earth while creating a counterpoint to the timber frame structure. The butterfly roof design lifts dynamically upwards and outwards towards the vast scenic landscapes, while large window openings provide clear views merging the transition at the threshold between interior and exterior. Stay tuned for a renovation to the restaurant and golf course clubhouse in 2021.
Tobiano also has a 210 slip full service marina known locally as Bruker Marina. Bruker marina offers all sorts of water craft rentals, moorage for up to 30ft boats and a flaoting restaurant serving some of the best pizza's around. All of this on the 29Km long virtually untouched Kamloops Lake.
Being a master planned community, Tobiano has a number of real estate options available for everyone's needs. There are multi-family strata developments at Summers Landing on the Green and Lake Star as well as the new Fairway Homes bare land strata project. If you want to build your own home on one of the many single family building lots then Tobiano has that covered as well, you can even pick your own builder.
The center of Tobiano calls for a pedestrian-friendly village and market serving the 1000 plus residents of the community. This village center is a function of density and as such is not yet ready to be built but it is getting closer.
The 17,000 acres of sage-scented hills boast miles of riding, hiking, and biking trails. Whether your preference is golf, hiking, water sports, bird watching, horseback riding, or simply relaxing, Tobiano is about serenity, bliss and freedom for adventure. Nowhere else in the Thompson Okanagan will you find a community destination with such an ideal combination of favourable climate, amenities, recreation facilities, and Real Estate options.
AMENITIES AT TOBIANO
Tobiano Golf Course
- Arguably one of the most acclaimed public golf courses in Canada created in this generation.
- The winner of annual top-ranking awards since its triple as “Best New Golf Course” upon its opening in 2008.
- A golf experience built on one of the most spectacular pieces of land in Canada.
- Designed by Architect Thomas McBroom. McBroom’s courses are distinguished by their details, strategy, routing and outstanding beauty, and have routinely been regarded as among the best courses in Canada, of which Tobiano is his most highly ranked work.
- Bruker Marina officially opened in the summer of 2013, situated right beside BC's #1 golf course, Tobiano, and the communities of Summers Landing and Lakestar.
- The marina is complete with 110 boat slips available for seasonal or annual moorage, an observation deck, public boat launch and beach area, a fuel dock, convenience store, and availability for various motor-sport rentals.
- The beach, boat launch and play area are open to everyone, with a small fee of $15 per day for use of the boat ramp (includes parking) and $10 to park for single vehicles.
- The marina is open from May 1st until October 1st.
Black Iron Club & Grille
- The Black Iron Club & Grill at Tobiano is one of the premiere Kamloops restaurants, boasting spectacular views of Tobiano’s award-winning links, Kamloops Lake and distant hills.
- Warm and elegant, with strong wood and stone accents, The Black Iron Club & Grill setting offers a mix of timeless and modern, where the bustle of life can slow down and one can soak in a scene unparalleled in Canadian golf.
- Perched high near the intersection of the 1st and 10th holes and nearby range, the clubhouse has remarkable, picturesque views of Kamloops Lake, as well as the golf course.
WHY MOVE TO TOBIANO?
Bus Service to Local Schools
Tobiano is a growing community with many families choosing to live here. There is a bus stop where children can be transported to Dufferin Elementary School and Sahali Secondary School. Your family will love living in this resort environment with endless outdoor adventures to be had.View School Catchment Guide
Downsizing and Retiring
There are many different real estate options available at Tobiano. If you are looking to downsize, Summers Landing and Lakestar Townhouse developements are the perfect option. Both developments come with their own million dollar amenity buildings including pool, hot tub and fitness center.Tobiano Real Estate Guide
LIVE AT THIS EXTRAORDINARY RESORT DEVELOPMENT
Tobiano Resort Development has been gaining popularity in the last couple of years and for good reason. Living at Tobiano feels like you are on vacation. The winters are mild and the summer is full of outdoor adventures right at your doorstep. The real estate options at Tobiano are so diverse, there are homes for every stage of life and will fulfill any needs or wants. There are single family homes, townhomes with million dollar amenity buildings, homes on the golf course or on the bluff overlooking Kamloops Lake. Store your boat year round with Bruker Marina and be steps away to the water. Endless hiking trails are right outside your door and don't forget the award winning golf course with the most breathtaking views on every hole.
If you are looking to be close to the city but just far enough away to feel like an escape, life at Tobiano is calling your name. If you have any questions at all about Tobiano, don't hesitate to contact me. I am the only real estate agent at Tobiano who has been working there since it's opening in 2006, I lived at Summers Landing for two years with my young family and know the ins and outs of this neighbourhood like no one else. Call me to discuss anything Tobiano related.